Nikki Albert has coped with chronic pain since she was a kid, when joint hypermobility syndrome left her with aching knees and insomnia at just eight years old. As a young adult, she was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and migraines. Now in her early…
Read More »
Not even the rudest of trolls can stop Tinu Abayomi-Paul a patient activist who lives with cancer and multiple disabilities. She spends her time creating helpful resources for others and speaking out about chronic illness, civic duty, and life as a black woman.
We wanted to know how the “opioid crisis” was effecting people in our community, so we sent out a call looking for people living with chronic pain who are taking or have been prescribed opioid pain treatment who wanted to share their thoughts and opinions.
Fibromyalgia is a very common, chronic condition that causes widespread muscle and joint pain, tenderness, fatigue, depression, as well as many other symptoms. It’s often accompanied by a condition that sufferers refer to as “fibro fog,” a constant state of fatigue that results…
Read More »
Health Stories Project was created to give people opportunities to share their personal health experiences and to learn from the experiences of others.
- Health Stories Project Community Members Share Their Experiences with Chronic Pain and Opioids
- Comeback From a Heart Attack: How a Comedian Turned Personal Pain into Creative Gold
- What parents and caregivers would you like others to know about supporting someone with a rare health condition
- What are some struggles people with cancer have that don’t get talked about?
- On the Road: FAP 'Previvor' Todd Spurrier Lives to Ride and Spread the Word about Colorectal Cancer Screening
- Living with Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension: "You don't have to give up"
- 4 things you should know about life with Hidradenitis Suppurativa