Nikki Albert has coped with chronic pain since she was a kid, when joint hypermobility syndrome left her with aching knees and insomnia at just eight years old. As a young adult, she was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and migraines. Now in her early…
Read More »
Not even the rudest of trolls can stop Tinu Abayomi-Paul a patient activist who lives with cancer and multiple disabilities. She spends her time creating helpful resources for others and speaking out about chronic illness, civic duty, and life as a black woman.
We wanted to know how the “opioid crisis” was effecting people in our community, so we sent out a call looking for people living with chronic pain who are taking or have been prescribed opioid pain treatment who wanted to share their thoughts and opinions.
Fibromyalgia is a very common, chronic condition that causes widespread muscle and joint pain, tenderness, fatigue, depression, as well as many other symptoms. It’s often accompanied by a condition that sufferers refer to as “fibro fog,” a constant state of fatigue that results…
Read More »
Health Stories Project was created to give people opportunities to share their personal health experiences and to learn from the experiences of others.
- 4 things you should know about life with Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- 7 Cancer Survivors You Should Follow
- Beyond Back Pain: 3 Things People with Ankylosing Spondylitis Need You to Understand
- What Women Want: When it Comes to Healthcare, Taking Us Seriously Would Be a Great Place to Start
- Recovering From the Wounds of Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- When I feel a flare coming on: 5 Tips for Managing Fibromyalgia Flare-Ups
- Careful with Kidneys: Sleuthing Out the Symptoms of IgA Nephropathy
- Patience and Perseverance: Living for Decades with Multiple Sclerosis
- Health Stories Project Community Members Share Their Experiences with Chronic Pain and Opioids