Not even the rudest of trolls can stop Tinu Abayomi-Paul a patient activist who lives with cancer and multiple disabilities. She spends her time creating helpful resources for others and speaking out about chronic illness, civic duty, and life as a black woman.
Vicki Woodward hates those rheumatoid arthritis advertisements. You know, the ones with the creepy music serenading a spry woman in her early 50s who effortlessly lives an active lifestyle… “They always have some RA person who is happy, thin, and gorgeous with a…
Read More »
Who is the expert in directing your healthcare? Hint: It’s not your doctor. You might not wear a white lab coat or have a medical degree, but you know your body best. Of course, doctors are still very important in guiding your care….
Read More »
Health Stories Project was created to give people opportunities to share their personal health experiences and to learn from the experiences of others.
- Body vs. Mind & Spirit: Living with Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
- Learning to Listen to My Skin
- What are some struggles people with cancer have that don’t get talked about?
- Beyond Back Pain: 3 Things People with Ankylosing Spondylitis Need You to Understand
- Rural Healthcare: 5 Things We Learned From Speaking to Patients About Their Options
- Living with Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension: "You don't have to give up"
- Careful with Kidneys: Sleuthing Out the Symptoms of IgA Nephropathy
- When I feel a flare coming on: 5 Tips for Managing Fibromyalgia Flare-Ups
- Running Strong with Type 2 Diabetes
- Breast Cancer Survivor Molly MacDonald’s The Pink Fund Helps Women Stay Financially Afloat