We asked the Health Stories Project community about their personal experiences with cancer — particularly the hardest parts — and they didn’t sugarcoat it. It’s challenging sometimes in ways they couldn’t anticipate.
“Dan told him I’d be unleashing a tsunami against lung cancer,” says Borondy Kitts. “So I think he was okay with it.”
According to the American Cancer Society, more people die of lung cancer each year than of breast, prostate and colon cancer combined. And stigma may be a contributing factor. People are ashamed to tell others that they are having possible lung cancer symptoms…
Read More »
Have you been affected by cancer or another health condition? Sign up to share your experiences with Health Stories Project! Before the 1980’s the definition of a “cancer survivor” was someone who had shown no evidence of cancer for five years. But groups like the National…
Read More »
Health Stories Project was created to give people opportunities to share their personal health experiences and to learn from the experiences of others.
- Health Stories Project Community Members Share Their Experiences with Chronic Pain and Opioids
- What are some struggles people with cancer have that don’t get talked about?
- Living with Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension: "You don't have to give up"
- Comeback From a Heart Attack: How a Comedian Turned Personal Pain into Creative Gold
- Pontocerebellar Hypoplasia Type 1B: A Rare Genetic Disorder Can’t Stop This Family
- 7 Cancer Survivors You Should Follow
- 4 things you should know about life with Hidradenitis Suppurativa