Before the 1980’s the definition of a “cancer survivor” was someone who had shown no evidence of cancer for five years. But groups like the National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship (NCCS) recognized the need “for language that truly told the story of…
Read More »
Health Stories Project was created to give people opportunities to share their personal health experiences and to learn from the experiences of others.
- Submit Your Story: Life with Multiple Conditions
- Beyond Back Pain: 3 Things People with Ankylosing Spondylitis Need You to Understand
- 4 things you should know about life with Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- What are some struggles people with cancer have that don’t get talked about?
- Comeback From a Heart Attack: How a Comedian Turned Personal Pain into Creative Gold
- What is life with Psoriatic Arthritis really like?
- Living with Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension: "You don't have to give up"
- 7 Cancer Survivors You Should Follow
- 9 Artists on Instagram Who Are Living With Chronic Illness
- “I’m the Longevity Study”: How One Long-Term Multiple Myeloma Survivor Offers Hope