In Dallas, Texas, in the late 1970s, Gail Henkin was the youthful, earnest subject of a photo shoot. She smiled. She gazed at the camera. She felt a flutter of pride. Despite her grandmother’s death from lung cancer, she held a cigarette—and many…
Read More »
Health Stories Project was created to give people opportunities to share their personal health experiences and to learn from the experiences of others.
- 7 Cancer Survivors You Should Follow
- A Day With HIV
- 20 Insights on Diagnosis from People Living with CRPS
- Rare Disease Day 2016: Outlifting Addison’s Disease
- 4 things you should know about life with Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- What is life with Psoriatic Arthritis really like?
- “All it took was one AL Amyloidosis survivor story for me to realize that I could also survive this challenge”
- Positive: One Man's Experience with HIV and COVID-19
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS): “Don't be afraid to be different”
- Comeback From a Heart Attack: How a Comedian Turned Personal Pain into Creative Gold