Share Your Cancer Story
We are developing a series of cancer-focused articles this spring and want to include your input (no special knowledge or experience required). Participation takes just a few minutes.
We asked the Health Stories Project community about their personal experiences with cancer — particularly the hardest parts — and they didn’t sugarcoat it. It’s challenging sometimes in ways they couldn’t anticipate.
“I think the best way to heal from cancer is to love life with all that you have,” he says. “Does everybody have to swim a river? No. But if they passionately pursue their dreams, it gives them the best chance to heal.”
When Jay Sperling went to have pre-operative bloodwork done for a minor knee surgery, he hadn’t anticipated the results. His white blood cell count was abnormally high. He didn’t have any infections (which can often cause the white cell count to go up),…
Read More »
Professional fighter, DJ, and fitness model Coel Peach “couldn’t figure out what was going on” when he started coughing up blood and feeling unusually tired all the time. After a year of experiencing these symptoms, Coel was diagnosed with acute myeloid leukemia. Now,…
Read More »
Not Just Another Cold The first decade of the 21st century was pretty rotten for Chris and her family. They experienced multiple losses of loved ones – some young, some old, none easy. They were also a two-career family with three children under…
Read More »
Health Stories Project was created to give people opportunities to share their personal health experiences and to learn from the experiences of others.
- Beyond Back Pain: 3 Things People with Ankylosing Spondylitis Need You to Understand
- 12 TED Talks about health and illness that will inspire, engage, and make you think!
- Tough Cookie: Baker Triumphs Over Kidney Disease & Competition
- Living with Two Rare Conditions: "It's Okay to Not Be Okay"
- 4 things you should know about life with Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- Real Talk About Lung Cancer and Stigma
- A Tough Pill to Swallow: Taking Aromatase Inhibitors to Prevent a Second Breast Cancer
- Bipolar II Disorder: "Don't Suffer In Silence"
- Submit Your Story: Life with Multiple Conditions
- Breast Cancer Survivor Molly MacDonald’s The Pink Fund Helps Women Stay Financially Afloat