Before the 1980’s the definition of a “cancer survivor” was someone who had shown no evidence of cancer for five years. But groups like the National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship (NCCS) recognized the need “for language that truly told the story of…
Read More »
For Diane Paradise, an anonymous stranger’s decision to bank cord blood has provided nothing less than a new lease on life. The problems began as a lump in her underarm. Even after an early diagnosis called it a “fatty tumor” and a needle…
Read More »
Health Stories Project was created to give people opportunities to share their personal health experiences and to learn from the experiences of others.
- “Newborn Screening Saved My Child’s Life”
- 9 More Health-Related Podcasts Worth a Listen
- Comeback From a Heart Attack: How a Comedian Turned Personal Pain into Creative Gold
- Share Your Experiences with Heart Attack
- 4 things you should know about life with Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- What is your hobby? How does it help with your health condition?
- Dermato-what? Adjusting to Life with a Rare Disease
- Share Your Experiences with Age-Related Macular Degeneration