After the stem-cell transplant failed, David Israel had three primary choices: a donor bone-marrow transplant, CAR T-cell therapy, or palliative care. David decided to try CAR-T cell therapy, a new treatment that was recently approved by the FDA.
“I think the best way to heal from cancer is to love life with all that you have,” he says. “Does everybody have to swim a river? No. But if they passionately pursue their dreams, it gives them the best chance to heal.”
Alison Gomez, a two-time non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (NHL) survivor, began vlogging (video blogging) as a way to connect with and support others with her condition. She speaks openly about her experiences with various treatments, including chemotherapy, radiation, a bone marrow transplant, and the emotions…
Read More »
Health Stories Project was created to give people opportunities to share their personal health experiences and to learn from the experiences of others.
- Health Stories Project Community Members Share Their Experiences with Chronic Pain and Opioids
- What are some struggles people with cancer have that don’t get talked about?
- Living with Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension: "You don't have to give up"
- Comeback From a Heart Attack: How a Comedian Turned Personal Pain into Creative Gold
- Pontocerebellar Hypoplasia Type 1B: A Rare Genetic Disorder Can’t Stop This Family
- 7 Cancer Survivors You Should Follow
- 4 things you should know about life with Hidradenitis Suppurativa