When Jay Sperling went to have pre-operative bloodwork done for a minor knee surgery, he hadn’t anticipated the results. His white blood cell count was abnormally high. He didn’t have any infections (which can often cause the white cell count to go up),…
Read More »
You would think that having all the answers, or at least some of them, would be a relief. That the old adage, “knowledge is power,” rings true regardless of the situation. However, when former operating room nurse, Christine Hanson, discovered she had stage…
Read More »
Health Stories Project was created to give people opportunities to share their personal health experiences and to learn from the experiences of others.
- Living with Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension: "You don't have to give up"
- Opportunities for People Living with Cancer
- What is life with Psoriatic Arthritis really like?
- Running Strong with Type 2 Diabetes
- From “Shame” to Pride: Opening Up a Decade After an HIV Diagnosis
- Lung Cancer Doesn’t Define This Former Cigarette Model
- Share Your Cancer Story
- 20 Insights on Diagnosis from People Living with CRPS
- Submit Your Story: Self-Care
- “All it took was one AL Amyloidosis survivor story for me to realize that I could also survive this challenge”