Beth Morton was in her mid-30s on the cusp of finishing her PhD when the chronic migraines began. At the time, she was no stranger to debilitating migraine attacks — she’d been having them a couple of times a month for two decades….
Read More »
Applying for disability wasn’t an easy decision for Erica Carrasco, the migraine blogger behind Achy Smile. She’d been a go-getter her whole life, but had suffered from increasingly severe headaches as an adult that eventually derailed her career. There was nothing left to…
Read More »
Health Stories Project was created to give people opportunities to share their personal health experiences and to learn from the experiences of others.
- 4 things you should know about life with Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- 25 Insights From People Living with Schizophrenia
- Submit Your Story: Life with Multiple Conditions
- Living with Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension: "You don't have to give up"
- It Took a Heart Attack to Commit to Better Health
- Real Talk About Lung Cancer and Stigma
- Beyond Back Pain: 3 Things People with Ankylosing Spondylitis Need You to Understand
- Hold the Salt: Sodium Girl Shares Her Story
- Portraits of People Living With Mental Illness
- Rare Disease Day 2016: Outlifting Addison’s Disease