Heidi’s health challenges began when she was very young and only compounded in her teenage years and early adulthood. Today, she continues to manage multiple physical and mental conditions — some with effective treatments and others through guesswork and specialist appointments. This is…
Read More »
When most people think a negative “what if” thought, it passes quickly without leaving a lasting impression. But for people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), that thought can manifest into an obsession and they’re often left living in constant fear that something terrible will…
Read More »
Health Stories Project was created to give people opportunities to share their personal health experiences and to learn from the experiences of others.
- Submit Your Story: Shared Experiences
- Then & Now: Grown Up Thoughts on Juvenile Arthritis
- "Don't Let Eczema Keep You Down"
- After 18 Years of Waiting, I was Finally 'SEEN' by Doctors
- Beyond Back Pain: 3 Things People with Ankylosing Spondylitis Need You to Understand
- For Rheumatoid Arthritis Advocate Daniel Malito, Laughter is the Best Medicine
- COVID-19 and Equity of Care: A conversation with Dr. Victor Pineda
- Pontocerebellar Hypoplasia Type 1B: A Rare Genetic Disorder Can’t Stop This Family
- 7 Cancer Survivors You Should Follow
- 5 things you should know about life with pseudobulbar affect