Heidi’s health challenges began when she was very young and only compounded in her teenage years and early adulthood. Today, she continues to manage multiple physical and mental conditions — some with effective treatments and others through guesswork and specialist appointments. This is…
Read More »
When most people think a negative “what if” thought, it passes quickly without leaving a lasting impression. But for people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), that thought can manifest into an obsession and they’re often left living in constant fear that something terrible will…
Read More »
Health Stories Project was created to give people opportunities to share their personal health experiences and to learn from the experiences of others.
- A Portrait of Depression: Opening Up about Mental Illness
- Learning to Listen to My Skin
- Advice for People Living with Deep Vein Thrombosis, Atrial Fibrillation or Pulmonary Embolism
- Beyond Back Pain: 3 Things People with Ankylosing Spondylitis Need You to Understand
- How Fatherhood Changes the Way Men Think About Health
- Tough Cookie: Baker Triumphs Over Kidney Disease & Competition
- Narcolepsy: Let's put stigma to bed
- What are some struggles people with cancer have that don’t get talked about?
- 4 things you should know about life with Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- 6 Messages of Thanks from People Living with Chronic Health Conditions