After the stem-cell transplant failed, David Israel had three primary choices: a donor bone-marrow transplant, CAR T-cell therapy, or palliative care. David decided to try CAR-T cell therapy, a new treatment that was recently approved by the FDA.
Health Stories Project was created to give people opportunities to share their personal health experiences and to learn from the experiences of others.
- Submit Your Story: Shared Experiences
- Then & Now: Grown Up Thoughts on Juvenile Arthritis
- "Don't Let Eczema Keep You Down"
- After 18 Years of Waiting, I was Finally 'SEEN' by Doctors
- Beyond Back Pain: 3 Things People with Ankylosing Spondylitis Need You to Understand
- COVID-19 and Equity of Care: A conversation with Dr. Victor Pineda
- For Rheumatoid Arthritis Advocate Daniel Malito, Laughter is the Best Medicine
- Learning to Listen to My Skin
- Pontocerebellar Hypoplasia Type 1B: A Rare Genetic Disorder Can’t Stop This Family
- CRPS: Coping With the Mental Effects of Pain