After the stem-cell transplant failed, David Israel had three primary choices: a donor bone-marrow transplant, CAR T-cell therapy, or palliative care. David decided to try CAR-T cell therapy, a new treatment that was recently approved by the FDA.
Health Stories Project was created to give people opportunities to share their personal health experiences and to learn from the experiences of others.
- Breast Cancer Survivor Molly MacDonald’s The Pink Fund Helps Women Stay Financially Afloat
- What Women Want: When it Comes to Healthcare, Taking Us Seriously Would Be a Great Place to Start
- Overcoming the Psoriasis Paralysis: How Alisha Bridges Became a Full-Time Blogger and Psoriasis Advocate.
- A Tough Pill to Swallow: Taking Aromatase Inhibitors to Prevent a Second Breast Cancer
- What are some struggles people with cancer have that don’t get talked about?
- Careful with Kidneys: Sleuthing Out the Symptoms of IgA Nephropathy
- “Hell and Back”: A Mother’s View of Her Young Son’s Life with SJIA
- From Shoelaces to Foot Races: How Autism Helped Colleen Johnson Become an Ultra-Marathoner
- 6 Messages of Thanks from People Living with Chronic Health Conditions
- On the Road: FAP 'Previvor' Todd Spurrier Lives to Ride and Spread the Word about Colorectal Cancer Screening