After the stem-cell transplant failed, David Israel had three primary choices: a donor bone-marrow transplant, CAR T-cell therapy, or palliative care. David decided to try CAR-T cell therapy, a new treatment that was recently approved by the FDA.
Health Stories Project was created to give people opportunities to share their personal health experiences and to learn from the experiences of others.
- Then & Now: Grown Up Thoughts on Juvenile Arthritis
- Submit Your Story: Shared Experiences
- "Don't Let Eczema Keep You Down"
- Beyond Back Pain: 3 Things People with Ankylosing Spondylitis Need You to Understand
- After 18 Years of Waiting, I was Finally 'SEEN' by Doctors
- Learning to Listen to My Skin
- For Rheumatoid Arthritis Advocate Daniel Malito, Laughter is the Best Medicine
- Tough Cookie: Baker Triumphs Over Kidney Disease & Competition
- COVID-19 and Equity of Care: A conversation with Dr. Victor Pineda
- 4 things you should know about life with Hidradenitis Suppurativa