After the stem-cell transplant failed, David Israel had three primary choices: a donor bone-marrow transplant, CAR T-cell therapy, or palliative care. David decided to try CAR-T cell therapy, a new treatment that was recently approved by the FDA.
Alison Gomez, a two-time non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (NHL) survivor, began vlogging (video blogging) as a way to connect with and support others with her condition. She speaks openly about her experiences with various treatments, including chemotherapy, radiation, a bone marrow transplant, and the emotions…
Read More »
Health Stories Project was created to give people opportunities to share their personal health experiences and to learn from the experiences of others.
- Breast Cancer Survivor Molly MacDonald’s The Pink Fund Helps Women Stay Financially Afloat
- What Women Want: When it Comes to Healthcare, Taking Us Seriously Would Be a Great Place to Start
- Overcoming the Psoriasis Paralysis: How Alisha Bridges Became a Full-Time Blogger and Psoriasis Advocate.
- A Tough Pill to Swallow: Taking Aromatase Inhibitors to Prevent a Second Breast Cancer
- What are some struggles people with cancer have that don’t get talked about?
- Careful with Kidneys: Sleuthing Out the Symptoms of IgA Nephropathy
- “Hell and Back”: A Mother’s View of Her Young Son’s Life with SJIA
- From Shoelaces to Foot Races: How Autism Helped Colleen Johnson Become an Ultra-Marathoner
- 6 Messages of Thanks from People Living with Chronic Health Conditions
- On the Road: FAP 'Previvor' Todd Spurrier Lives to Ride and Spread the Word about Colorectal Cancer Screening