Share Your Colon Cancer Story
We are looking for people living with colorectal cancer who are interested in raising awareness and providing valuable insight into what life with cancer is really like. Sign up to Learn More.
Lisa and Matt are Health Stories Project members from Austin, Texas that believe their community made the difference when Matt had an unexpected hospital stay related to colon cancer. They allowed us to visit them (socially distanced!) to capture their story. Please join…
Read More »
Dan “Dry Dock” Shockley is a Health Stories Project member from California who, after retiring from the military and surviving hereditary colon cancer, is the definition of a warrior. He recently responded to our Shared Experiences story request about people sharing important experiences…
Read More »
Todd Spurrier has logged an incredible 53,000 miles on his Ducati to raise awareness for colorectal cancer screening. He meets and photographs survivors and says , “I carry a piece of each survivor in my heart on every mile. They are my fuel.”
Ulcerative colitis is a common, chronic inflammatory disease that results in long-term inflammation and ulcers in the large intestine. It can cause stomach discomfort and rapid emptying of the colon. Even though ulcerative colitis has no known cure, through medication and a disciplined…
Read More »
Health Stories Project was created to give people opportunities to share their personal health experiences and to learn from the experiences of others.
- 6 Messages of Thanks from People Living with Chronic Health Conditions
- Beyond Back Pain: 3 Things People with Ankylosing Spondylitis Need You to Understand
- “A Hot MS” Celebrates the Everyday Disasters That Shape Patients’ Lives
- Just Keep Moving: How One Man Faces Ankylosing Spondylitis Pain
- When Is a Perforated Colon and Multiple System Atrophy a Laughing Matter?
- Swimming in Miracles: How One Man Swam Two Rivers While Battling Leukemia and Lymphoma
- “Hell and Back”: A Mother’s View of Her Young Son’s Life with SJIA
- Positive Living with HIV: How Davina “Dee” Conner Became a Patient Advocate
- What is life with Psoriatic Arthritis really like?
- Resistant to Treatment, She Found Comfort Outdoors & with Others