Todd Spurrier has logged an incredible 53,000 miles on his Ducati to raise awareness for colorectal cancer screening. He meets and photographs survivors and says , “I carry a piece of each survivor in my heart on every mile. They are my fuel.”
Colorectal cancer is the 2nd leading cause of cancer death among men and women combined. Sadly, 60% of colorectal cancer deaths could be prevented with screening. If you have ever been screened for colon cancer (no matter the result) you may qualify for a special project!
Ulcerative colitis is a common, chronic inflammatory disease that results in long-term inflammation and ulcers in the large intestine. It can cause stomach discomfort and rapid emptying of the colon. Even though ulcerative colitis has no known cure, through medication and a disciplined…
Read More »
Health Stories Project was created to give people opportunities to share their personal health experiences and to learn from the experiences of others.
- Health Stories Project Community Members Share Their Experiences with Chronic Pain and Opioids
- Comeback From a Heart Attack: How a Comedian Turned Personal Pain into Creative Gold
- On the Road: FAP 'Previvor' Todd Spurrier Lives to Ride and Spread the Word about Colorectal Cancer Screening
- What parents and caregivers would you like others to know about supporting someone with a rare health condition
- What are some struggles people with cancer have that don’t get talked about?
- 4 things you should know about life with Hidradenitis Suppurativa