Share Your Colon Cancer Story
We are looking for people living with colorectal cancer who are interested in raising awareness and providing valuable insight into what life with cancer is really like. Sign up to Learn More.
Dan “Dry Dock” Shockley is a Health Stories Project member from California who, after retiring from the military and surviving hereditary colon cancer, is the definition of a warrior. He recently responded to our Shared Experiences story request about people sharing important experiences…
Read More »
Todd Spurrier has logged an incredible 53,000 miles on his Ducati to raise awareness for colorectal cancer screening. He meets and photographs survivors and says , “I carry a piece of each survivor in my heart on every mile. They are my fuel.”
Ulcerative colitis is a common, chronic inflammatory disease that results in long-term inflammation and ulcers in the large intestine. It can cause stomach discomfort and rapid emptying of the colon. Even though ulcerative colitis has no known cure, through medication and a disciplined…
Read More »
Health Stories Project was created to give people opportunities to share their personal health experiences and to learn from the experiences of others.
- 4 things you should know about life with Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- Submit Your Story: Life with Multiple Conditions
- Submit Your Story: Shared Experiences
- Positive Living with HIV: How Davina “Dee” Conner Became a Patient Advocate
- 7 Cancer Survivors You Should Follow
- Current Members: Update Your Profile