Todd Spurrier has logged an incredible 53,000 miles on his Ducati to raise awareness for colorectal cancer screening. He meets and photographs survivors and says , “I carry a piece of each survivor in my heart on every mile. They are my fuel.”
Colorectal cancer is the 2nd leading cause of cancer death among men and women combined. Sadly, 60% of colorectal cancer deaths could be prevented with screening. If you have ever been screened for colon cancer (no matter the result) you may qualify for a special project!
Health Stories Project was created to give people opportunities to share their personal health experiences and to learn from the experiences of others.
- Health Stories Project Community Members Share Their Experiences with Chronic Pain and Opioids
- On the Road: FAP 'Previvor' Todd Spurrier Lives to Ride and Spread the Word about Colorectal Cancer Screening
- 4 things you should know about life with Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- Beyond Back Pain: 3 Things People with Ankylosing Spondylitis Need You to Understand
- A Portrait of Depression: Opening Up about Mental Illness