Brene Brown says, “There is no courage without vulnerability.” What would you like to share about a time that you felt courageous while being vulnerable?
One challenge many people face is living with several serious health conditions. This can have a major impact on your ability to work, time with friends and family, and it can even limit your ability to go out and enjoy the world.
If you live with an invisible illness you know exactly how hurtful worlds can be even if they come from someone who has good intentions.
Meeting someone who understands what you’re going through can boost your mood, give you ideas or inspiration, and makes a huge difference when you’re feeling isolated or alone. This story template is designed to help you share about a time you’ve connected with someone about a shared health experience.
Has something in the news inspired you to talk about your health? Tell us about it and your story could appear on our blog!
If you have an iOS device (e.g., iPhone, iPad), you can record your video health story using our Health Stories Project video app.
Self-care makes a huge difference when it comes to health. What has been your greatest support or source of comfort?
What would you like to share about your health story? Tell us about it and your story could appear on our blog!
Do you have unique hobbies and interests that are impacted by your condition? Tell us about them! Your story could appear on our blog.
Health Stories Project was created to give people opportunities to share their personal health experiences and to learn from the experiences of others.
- Breast Cancer Survivor Molly MacDonald’s The Pink Fund Helps Women Stay Financially Afloat
- Careful with Kidneys: Sleuthing Out the Symptoms of IgA Nephropathy
- Body vs. Mind & Spirit: Living with Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
- Submit Your Story: Hobbies and Your Health
- What are some struggles people with cancer have that don’t get talked about?
- The Impact of Being Told “People Don't Get Cancer for No Reason”
- Swimming in Miracles: How One Man Swam Two Rivers While Battling Leukemia and Lymphoma
- Submit Your Story: Vulnerability and Courage
- Lung Cancer Doesn’t Define This Former Cigarette Model
- Current Members: Update Your Profile