Among the many issues that affect women globally, from the poorest countries to the richest, healthcare is one of the most critical. Improving women’s health makes societies stronger. Countless women simply don’t feel like their doctors are taking them seriously.
We say it often: sharing your story makes a difference, but don’t take my word for it, this comic by Tatiana Gill was inspired by comments and stories from Health Stories Project community members. 5 Reasons to share from patient advocates: 1. “My greatest support would…
Read More »
Catching melanoma early can save your life, but diagnosis is often a tricky process. After initial discovery of a suspicious mole there is a biopsy (which involves skin tissue being removed and viewed under a microscope). Followed by a check of the lymph…
Read More »
Health Stories Project was created to give people opportunities to share their personal health experiences and to learn from the experiences of others.
- “Newborn Screening Saved My Child’s Life”
- 9 More Health-Related Podcasts Worth a Listen
- Comeback From a Heart Attack: How a Comedian Turned Personal Pain into Creative Gold
- Share Your Experiences with Heart Attack
- 4 things you should know about life with Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- What is your hobby? How does it help with your health condition?
- Dermato-what? Adjusting to Life with a Rare Disease
- Share Your Experiences with Age-Related Macular Degeneration