“I have fits of uncontrollable laughter and it’s not fun or funny.” That’s how Jennifer explains life with pseudobulbar affect (PBA). Wendy has the same condition and describes her experiences: “It’s frustrating because you have no control over [laughing or crying]. They occur…
Read More »
Share Your Experiences with Pseudobulbar Affect to See if You Qualify for a $50 Honorarium Laughing and crying. They’re two of our most personally revealing behaviors. Why? Because they let people around us know when we feel joy and when we feel pain….
Read More »
Health Stories Project was created to give people opportunities to share their personal health experiences and to learn from the experiences of others.
- A Portrait of Depression: Opening Up about Mental Illness
- Breast Cancer Survivor Molly MacDonald’s The Pink Fund Helps Women Stay Financially Afloat
- Health Stories Taiwan Cancer Awareness Project
- Advice for People Living with Deep Vein Thrombosis, Atrial Fibrillation or Pulmonary Embolism
- Submit Your Story: Get To Know Me
- How Fatherhood Changes the Way Men Think About Health
- Submit Your Story: Hobbies and Your Health
- Beyond Back Pain: 3 Things People with Ankylosing Spondylitis Need You to Understand
- Why One Melanoma Patient Decided to Participate in a Clinical Trial
- Submit Your Story: Vulnerability and Courage