“I have fits of uncontrollable laughter and it’s not fun or funny.” That’s how Jennifer explains life with pseudobulbar affect (PBA). Wendy has the same condition and describes her experiences: “It’s frustrating because you have no control over [laughing or crying]. They occur…
Read More »
Share Your Experiences with Pseudobulbar Affect to See if You Qualify for a $50 Honorarium Laughing and crying. They’re two of our most personally revealing behaviors. Why? Because they let people around us know when we feel joy and when we feel pain….
Read More »
Health Stories Project was created to give people opportunities to share their personal health experiences and to learn from the experiences of others.
- Health Stories Taiwan Cancer Awareness Project
- Learning to Listen to My Skin
- 4 things you should know about life with Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- Tough Cookie: Baker Triumphs Over Kidney Disease & Competition
- Careful with Kidneys: Sleuthing Out the Symptoms of IgA Nephropathy
- Beyond Back Pain: 3 Things People with Ankylosing Spondylitis Need You to Understand
- What Women Want: When it Comes to Healthcare, Taking Us Seriously Would Be a Great Place to Start
- When I feel a flare coming on: 5 Tips for Managing Fibromyalgia Flare-Ups
- Dyspareunia: What Women Think About Painful Sex After Menopause
- Submit Your Story: Vulnerability and Courage