Danielle has been living with bipolar disorder since 1996. This condition, and others she lives with, affect her life daily. Here, she shares hurtful words her father told her and how comments like this affect her and others living with a similar condition….
Read More »
Editor’s note: If you or a loved one are living with eating disorder(s), borderline personality disorder, or have experience with self harm the following post could be potentially triggering. You can contact the Crisis Text Line by texting “HOME” to 741741 or call…
Read More »
Health Stories Project was created to give people opportunities to share their personal health experiences and to learn from the experiences of others.
- Current Members: Update Your Profile
- Beyond Back Pain: 3 Things People with Ankylosing Spondylitis Need You to Understand
- Swimming in Miracles: How One Man Swam Two Rivers While Battling Leukemia and Lymphoma
- 6 Messages of Thanks from People Living with Chronic Health Conditions
- Submit Your Story: Vulnerability and Courage
- Lung Cancer Doesn’t Define This Former Cigarette Model
- 4 things you should know about life with Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- Resistant to Treatment, She Found Comfort Outdoors & with Others
- Making Lemonade with Lupus
- From “Drowned in Prescription Meds” to “Being My Own Voice”: The Power of Self-Advocacy