In January 2012, Kristen’s youngest of three children, Rylan, suddenly became very sick. Their trying path to a diagnosis for the then-one-year-old was just the beginning of a new and continuously challenging experience — which Rylan and his family have persevered as a…
Read More »
Kirsten Schultz can tell you the exact day she first started experiencing symptoms of Systemic Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis (or SJIA for short). “It was November 14th, 1993,” she says matter-of-factly, “that’s when it became very apparent to my family. I remember being exhausted,”…
Read More »
Health Stories Project was created to give people opportunities to share their personal health experiences and to learn from the experiences of others.
- 6 Messages of Thanks from People Living with Chronic Health Conditions
- Beyond Back Pain: 3 Things People with Ankylosing Spondylitis Need You to Understand
- “A Hot MS” Celebrates the Everyday Disasters That Shape Patients’ Lives
- Just Keep Moving: How One Man Faces Ankylosing Spondylitis Pain
- When Is a Perforated Colon and Multiple System Atrophy a Laughing Matter?
- Swimming in Miracles: How One Man Swam Two Rivers While Battling Leukemia and Lymphoma
- “Hell and Back”: A Mother’s View of Her Young Son’s Life with SJIA
- Positive Living with HIV: How Davina “Dee” Conner Became a Patient Advocate
- What is life with Psoriatic Arthritis really like?
- Resistant to Treatment, She Found Comfort Outdoors & with Others