Jenny had a pacemaker implanted before she was 40 years old — and that was after experiencing multiple other serious health issues. Since then, she contracted COVID-19 and dealt with long-term symptoms. Given these challenges, Jenny’s survival surprised her as much as the…
Read More »
It’s sudden, catastrophic, and costs our healthcare system billions of dollars every year. Sepsis, an overwhelming immune response that’s triggered by infection, strikes more than a million Americans annually. Also known as blood poisoning, sepsis spreads quickly and can lead to tissue damage,…
Read More »
Health Stories Project was created to give people opportunities to share their personal health experiences and to learn from the experiences of others.
- Then & Now: Grown Up Thoughts on Juvenile Arthritis
- Submit Your Story: Shared Experiences
- "Don't Let Eczema Keep You Down"
- Beyond Back Pain: 3 Things People with Ankylosing Spondylitis Need You to Understand
- Learning to Listen to My Skin
- After 18 Years of Waiting, I was Finally 'SEEN' by Doctors
- For Rheumatoid Arthritis Advocate Daniel Malito, Laughter is the Best Medicine
- 4 things you should know about life with Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- COVID-19 and Equity of Care: A conversation with Dr. Victor Pineda
- Tough Cookie: Baker Triumphs Over Kidney Disease & Competition