Blood is the stuff of life. Our bodies depend on it to deliver a steady supply of oxygen and nutrients to our cells. It fuels the heart, helps us regulate our temperature, and removes waste. We truly can’t live without it. Most people…
Read More »
It’s sudden, catastrophic, and costs our healthcare system billions of dollars every year. Sepsis, an overwhelming immune response that’s triggered by infection, strikes more than a million Americans annually. Also known as blood poisoning, sepsis spreads quickly and can lead to tissue damage,…
Read More »
Health Stories Project was created to give people opportunities to share their personal health experiences and to learn from the experiences of others.
- Then & Now: Grown Up Thoughts on Juvenile Arthritis
- Learning to Listen to My Skin
- Beyond Back Pain: 3 Things People with Ankylosing Spondylitis Need You to Understand
- "Don't Let Eczema Keep You Down"
- 4 things you should know about life with Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- The Hardest Things About Osteoporosis (And What to Do About It)
- A Tsunami Against Lung Cancer: Why Andrea Borondy Kitts Has Dedicated Ger Life to Promoting Prevention and Screenings
- Auditor Tackles a Persistent Case: Managing Type 1 Diabetes
- Careful with Kidneys: Sleuthing Out the Symptoms of IgA Nephropathy
- 7 Cancer Survivors You Should Follow