Brian’s difficult and frustrating path to multiple diagnoses, including Hashimoto’s disease (chronic lymphocytic thyroiditis), is an apt reminder this Thyroid Awareness Month that the small gland plays a huge and vital role. When the thyroid functions incorrectly, it may stymie both patients and…
Read More »
Karen’s health conditions have not only led to hospitalizations and life-threatening circumstances, but have acted as a wedge between her and her daughter over the years. Feeling alone and that she had nowhere to turn for support, Karen shared her experience and feelings…
Read More »
Health Stories Project was created to give people opportunities to share their personal health experiences and to learn from the experiences of others.
- Why One Melanoma Patient Decided to Participate in a Clinical Trial
- Advice for People Living with Deep Vein Thrombosis, Atrial Fibrillation or Pulmonary Embolism
- 4 things you should know about life with Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- Body vs. Mind & Spirit: Living with Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
- Living with Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension: "You don't have to give up"
- Make a Difference: Sign Up to Share Health Experiences
- 12 TED Talks about health and illness that will inspire, engage, and make you think!
- When I feel a flare coming on: 5 Tips for Managing Fibromyalgia Flare-Ups
- Beyond Back Pain: 3 Things People with Ankylosing Spondylitis Need You to Understand
- A Portrait of Depression: Opening Up about Mental Illness