You can’t put Charles Mattocks in just one box: actor, award-winning director, chef – he’s embraced a lot of roles in his life. One that’s most important to him personally, though, is his role as a health advocate, for both type 2 diabetes…
Read More »
How do you cope with an immensely painful medical condition many doctors don’t even know exists? Long before she knew it, that was the problem facing Maria Martinez. Early in 2008, Maria and her son were raking in the yard when she noticed…
Read More »
Health Stories Project was created to give people opportunities to share their personal health experiences and to learn from the experiences of others.
- “Hell and Back”: A Mother’s View of Her Young Son’s Life with SJIA
- Living with Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension: "You don't have to give up"
- A Life with Cerebral Palsy is a Life in Motion
- Looking for Hope After Pediatric Brain Cancer Takes it Away
- 6 Messages of Thanks from People Living with Chronic Health Conditions
- When I feel a flare coming on: 5 Tips for Managing Fibromyalgia Flare-Ups
- 4 things you should know about life with Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- Looking on the Bright Side of Macular Degeneration
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS): “Don't be afraid to be different”
- Beyond Back Pain: 3 Things People with Ankylosing Spondylitis Need You to Understand