Despite a healthy, active lifestyle, Michael found himself in an ICU bed with kidney failure in 2019. He was diagnosed with multiple myeloma, underwent dialysis and chemotherapy and then a stem cell transplant. Still recovering nine months following this procedure and in search…
Read More »
Graft versus host disease (GVHD) is a condition that may occur following a transplant using donor bone marrow or stem cells. More than 20,000 people every year are diagnosed with GVHD. The chances of developing GHVD and its severity may vary between individuals. The…
Read More »
Health Stories Project was created to give people opportunities to share their personal health experiences and to learn from the experiences of others.
- 6 Messages of Thanks from People Living with Chronic Health Conditions
- Beyond Back Pain: 3 Things People with Ankylosing Spondylitis Need You to Understand
- “A Hot MS” Celebrates the Everyday Disasters That Shape Patients’ Lives
- Swimming in Miracles: How One Man Swam Two Rivers While Battling Leukemia and Lymphoma
- Just Keep Moving: How One Man Faces Ankylosing Spondylitis Pain
- When Is a Perforated Colon and Multiple System Atrophy a Laughing Matter?
- 4 things you should know about life with Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- Why One Melanoma Patient Decided to Participate in a Clinical Trial
- Positive Living with HIV: How Davina “Dee” Conner Became a Patient Advocate
- Resistant to Treatment, She Found Comfort Outdoors & with Others