Despite a healthy, active lifestyle, Michael found himself in an ICU bed with kidney failure in 2019. He was diagnosed with multiple myeloma, underwent dialysis and chemotherapy and then a stem cell transplant. Still recovering nine months following this procedure and in search…
Read More »
Graft versus host disease (GVHD) is a condition that may occur following a transplant using donor bone marrow or stem cells. More than 20,000 people every year are diagnosed with GVHD. The chances of developing GHVD and its severity may vary between individuals. The…
Read More »
Join Health Stories Project
Health Stories Project was created to give people opportunities to share their personal health experiences and to learn from the experiences of others.
- Body vs. Mind & Spirit: Living with Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
- Breast Cancer Survivor Molly MacDonald’s The Pink Fund Helps Women Stay Financially Afloat
- Learning to Listen to My Skin
- Careful with Kidneys: Sleuthing Out the Symptoms of IgA Nephropathy
- Rural Healthcare: 5 Things We Learned From Speaking to Patients About Their Options
- Beyond Back Pain: 3 Things People with Ankylosing Spondylitis Need You to Understand
- Living with Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension: "You don't have to give up"
- 6 Messages of Thanks from People Living with Chronic Health Conditions
- When I feel a flare coming on: 5 Tips for Managing Fibromyalgia Flare-Ups
- Make a Difference: Sign Up to Share Health Experiences