Mary endured various anxieties associated with a high risk of breast cancer for a decade before ultimately being diagnosed with the cancer in 2014. Here she shares how it felt to face the disease, the many decisions triggered by her diagnosis and the…
Read More »
Nothing about breast cancer is easy. And for a lot of women, one of the hardest things about breast cancer is mastectomy. In theory, you think you might know what to expect; maybe you’ve even seen post-surgical photos of other survivors. But your…
Read More »
Health Stories Project was created to give people opportunities to share their personal health experiences and to learn from the experiences of others.
- Then & Now: Grown Up Thoughts on Juvenile Arthritis
- Learning to Listen to My Skin
- Beyond Back Pain: 3 Things People with Ankylosing Spondylitis Need You to Understand
- "Don't Let Eczema Keep You Down"
- 4 things you should know about life with Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- The Hardest Things About Osteoporosis (And What to Do About It)
- A Tsunami Against Lung Cancer: Why Andrea Borondy Kitts Has Dedicated Ger Life to Promoting Prevention and Screenings
- Auditor Tackles a Persistent Case: Managing Type 1 Diabetes
- Careful with Kidneys: Sleuthing Out the Symptoms of IgA Nephropathy
- 7 Cancer Survivors You Should Follow