Mary endured various anxieties associated with a high risk of breast cancer for a decade before ultimately being diagnosed with the cancer in 2014. Here she shares how it felt to face the disease, the many decisions triggered by her diagnosis, the treatment…
Read More »
Nothing about breast cancer is easy. And for a lot of women, one of the hardest things about breast cancer is mastectomy. In theory, you think you might know what to expect; maybe you’ve even seen post-surgical photos of other survivors. But your…
Read More »
Health Stories Project was created to give people opportunities to share their personal health experiences and to learn from the experiences of others.
- 4 things you should know about life with Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- Beyond Back Pain: 3 Things People with Ankylosing Spondylitis Need You to Understand
- Swimming in Miracles: How One Man Swam Two Rivers While Battling Leukemia and Lymphoma
- 6 Messages of Thanks from People Living with Chronic Health Conditions
- Current Members: Update Your Profile
- Resistant to Treatment, She Found Comfort Outdoors & with Others
- Steering through CLL Together
- When Is a Perforated Colon and Multiple System Atrophy a Laughing Matter?
- Living with Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension: "You don't have to give up"
- Just Keep Moving: How One Man Faces Ankylosing Spondylitis Pain