Denise was diagnosed with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) in the late 1980s and told she might only have one year to live. Here she shares what has given her strength in the decades since. A Bleak Prognosis [In the 1980s], my friends were…
Read More »
Health Stories Project was created to give people opportunities to share their personal health experiences and to learn from the experiences of others.
- Beyond Back Pain: 3 Things People with Ankylosing Spondylitis Need You to Understand
- Learning to Listen to My Skin
- 4 things you should know about life with Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- When Is a Perforated Colon and Multiple System Atrophy a Laughing Matter?
- Health Stories Taiwan Cancer Awareness Project
- 12 TED Talks about health and illness that will inspire, engage, and make you think!
- Start with Respect: Transgender Healthcare Experiences – Part 1
- Pontocerebellar Hypoplasia Type 1B: A Rare Genetic Disorder Can’t Stop This Family
- “All it took was one AL Amyloidosis survivor story for me to realize that I could also survive this challenge”