Almost 20 years ago, Sylvia’s “routine” doctor visit quickly became an emergency that would require months of recuperation — and alter the course of her life. She recounts the experience here and offers some advice for facing adversity. Identifying the Problem I walked…
Read More »
Health Stories Project was created to give people opportunities to share their personal health experiences and to learn from the experiences of others.
- Then & Now: Grown Up Thoughts on Juvenile Arthritis
- Submit Your Story: Shared Experiences
- "Don't Let Eczema Keep You Down"
- Beyond Back Pain: 3 Things People with Ankylosing Spondylitis Need You to Understand
- After 18 Years of Waiting, I was Finally 'SEEN' by Doctors
- Learning to Listen to My Skin
- For Rheumatoid Arthritis Advocate Daniel Malito, Laughter is the Best Medicine
- Tough Cookie: Baker Triumphs Over Kidney Disease & Competition
- COVID-19 and Equity of Care: A conversation with Dr. Victor Pineda
- 4 things you should know about life with Hidradenitis Suppurativa