People that have spent their lives around horses get it. There’s something almost magical about being in the presence of these amazing creatures. It’s calming, even sustaining for some. “I call it my vitamin H,” says Janneli Dart, a long-time volunteer at the…
Read More »
When Alex Stone left home to attend college just over a decade ago, the freshman arrived on campus with an unusually furry roommate. Stone, now 30, has cerebral palsy, a disease that affects his movement and balance. He knew he’d need assistance living…
Read More »
Health Stories Project was created to give people opportunities to share their personal health experiences and to learn from the experiences of others.
- Learning to Listen to My Skin
- Beyond Back Pain: 3 Things People with Ankylosing Spondylitis Need You to Understand
- 6 Messages of Thanks from People Living with Chronic Health Conditions
- “Hell and Back”: A Mother’s View of Her Young Son’s Life with SJIA
- Living with Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension: "You don't have to give up"
- A Life with Cerebral Palsy is a Life in Motion
- Looking for Hope After Pediatric Brain Cancer Takes it Away
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS): “Don't be afraid to be different”
- When I feel a flare coming on: 5 Tips for Managing Fibromyalgia Flare-Ups
- Looking on the Bright Side of Macular Degeneration