HEALTH STORIES PROJECT SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES MONTHLY SWEEPSTAKES RULES & REGULATIONS
NO PURCHASE PARTICIPATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A SITE MEMBERSHIP OR SURVEY PARTICIPATION WILL NOT IMPROVE ONE’S CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- SWEEPSTAKES SPONSORSHIP AND DISTRIBUTION: The Share Your Experiences
Monthly Sweepstakes (each a “Sweepstakes”) are available to U.S. residents over the age of 18 who fully complete one or more of the following actions: becomes a new member of Health Stories Project (not previously registered with an email address within the past 6 months on HealthStoriesProject.com), completes a designated survey, or sends in an alternative method of entry. The Sweepstakes are sponsored by Health Stories Project. (“Sponsor”). Health Stories Project has retained SurveyGizmo Inc. (“SurveyGizmo”) to administer some aspects of the sweepstakes. Health Stories Project conducts the sweepstakes and awards the prizes.
- ELIGIBILITY: Entrants must be 18 years of age or older and reside in the United States at the time of entry into the Sweepstakes. The following individuals are not eligible for the Sweepstakes: employees of SurveyGizmo, Inc. and Health Stories Project employees who directly or indirectly manage the Share Your Experiences Monthly Sweepstakes; employees of SurveyGizmo’s parent and affiliate companies and suppliers; immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) of employees ineligible to participate; and household members of employees ineligible to participate.
- HOW TO ENTER: The Sweepstakes are offered electronically via the Internet. The Share Your Experiences Monthly Sweepstakes are available to U.S. residents over the age of 18 who fully complete any of the following actions: becomes a new member of Health Stories Project (not previously registered with an email address within the past 6 months on HealthStoriesProject.com), completes a designated survey. Each action will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes for the Sweepstakes Period in which the action occurred.
Sweepstakes occurs monthly, according to the Entry Schedule chart below; beginning June 1, 2018 at 12:00:01 a.m. Pacific Time and ending December 31, 2018 at 11:59:59 p.m. Pacific Time. Participants may enter during each listed “Sweepstakes Period” defined in the below Entry Schedule Chart.
3.1 SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY SCHEDULE:
Each time between each Start Date and End Date will be considered a “Sweepstakes Period.”
|Entry Period Start Date: 12:00:01 AM ET on||Entry Period End Date: 11:59:59 PM ET on|
One (1) entry per person per new member registration and one (1) entry per eligible unique survey per “Sweepstakes Period” is permitted. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. If multiple entries are received during the duration of the survey, only the first entry will be included and later entries will be disqualified. Each entry has an equal chance of winning.
Signing up for Health Stories Project membership or participating in any Health Stories Project survey is allowed, but not required to enter the sweepstakes.
Automated or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Internet entry must be made by the Entrant. Any attempt by Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void Entrant’s Entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All Entries must be posted by the end of the Promotion Period in order to participate. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes.
3.2 ALTERNATIVE METHOD OF ENTRY: To enter without becoming a member of Health Stories Project or by participating in an online survey, you must complete the Alternative Method of Entry (the “AMOE”), please send a postcard to:
Health Stories Project
c/o Share Your Experiences Monthly Sweepstakes
601 Union Street, Suite 4820
Seattle, WA 98101
The postcard must include your name, address, daytime phone, and email address. The postcard must be postmarked within the open dates for which the sweepstake period is programmed. Participants and AMOE Entrants may only enter each Sweepstakes once. One entry is permitted per person per e-mail address.
- PRIZES: The three prizes for each Sweepstakes Period include a $400 Amazon gift card awarded to the first winner valued at $400, a $50 Amazon gift card awarded to the second winner valued at $50, and a $50 Amazon gift card awarded to the third winner valued at $50. Each gift card will be distributed by Health Stories Project directly to the winners (each a “Prize”). All rewards are awarded in US dollars.
- DRAWINGS: Health Stories Project will select winners in a series of three (3) monthly random drawings with three (3) drawings (and three winners) per monthly “Sweepstakes Period” – that is, three drawings per “Sweepstakes Period” from June 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018. Each period’s drawing will consist of all eligible entries received for that “Sweepstakes Period” (see above Sweepstakes Entry Schedule). All drawings will be conducted on or about the fifteenth day of the immediately following sweepstakes period. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Once a Participant has won a gift card for a Sweepstakes Period, his or her name will be removed from consideration for additional prizes for that Sweepstakes Period. Winners are eligible to participate in subsequent Sweepstakes Periods as part of the Share Your Experiences Monthly Sweepstakes, other named sweepstakes and Opportunities offered by Health Stories Project.
- PRIZE AWARDING: Health Stories Project will award the three (3) winners of each Sweepstakes Period with gift cards within ten (10) days after notification to each drawing winner. Each reward must be accepted as awarded, and no substitution, transfer, conversion or assignment of rewards will be allowed. The winner is responsible for following the instructions in the e-mail or postal notification to claim the drawing. Health Stories Project is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the winner. If a winner cannot be contacted within 30 days after Health Stories Project’s initial contact, Health Stories Project reserves the right to void that entry and proceed with notifying the first back-up winner. If the first back-up winner cannot be contacted within 30 days after Health Stories Project’s initial contact with the first back-up winner, Health Stories Project reserves the right to void that entry and proceed with notifying the second back-up winner. If the second back-up winner cannot be contacted within 30 days after Health Stories Project initial contact with the second back-up winner, Health Stories Project reserves the right to fully cancel the entry and retain the full amount for the reward. If a winner has not received the reward within the identified time period, he or she may e-mail Health Stories Project at email@example.com for a follow up.
- SWEEPSTAKES GENERAL RULES: By entering the Sweepstakes, Participants agree to abide by these Sweepstakes Rules and Regulations and any rules of Health Stories Project applicable to the Sweepstakes.
Health Stories Project decisions will be final and binding in all matters relating to the sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Sweepstakes in whole or in part for any reason, including, without limitation, to change the sweepstakes Rules or prizes in any jurisdiction or if causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the sweepstakes. In such case, Sponsor will select the winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by sponsor. By entering sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges.
- COPY OF THE SWEEPSTAKES RULES & REGULATIONS: To obtain a copy of the
Sweepstakes Rules and Regulations, send your request to:
Health Stories Project
c/o Share Your Experiences Sweepstakes
601 Union Street, Suite 4820
Seattle, WA 98101
Requests must enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope. Health Stories Project may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
- DISQUALIFICATION: Health Stories Project and SurveyGizmo are not responsible for lost,
interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed
telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or
misdirected transmissions, lost or misdirected entries or other error of any kind whether human,
mechanical or electronic. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of these
Sweepstakes or the operation of the Health Stories Project web site or any other
Health Stories Project hosted web site, as determined by Health Stories Project, in its sole discretion, will be disqualified. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, Health Stories Project reserves the right to terminate the Participant’s status as a Participant. In the event any portion of the survey or these Sweepstakes is compromised by virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Health Stories Project, which in the sole opinion of Health Stories Project, corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper completion of the survey or entry into the Sweepstakes, Health Stories Project reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes. In no event will more rewards be awarded than those listed in the Sweepstakes Rules and Regulations.
- TAX INFORMATION: Liability for any applicable taxes imposed by any government, if any,
on any reward won is the sole responsibility of the winner of such reward.
- APPLICABLE LAWS: The Sweepstakes are subject to all applicable federal, state and
county laws. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. No purchase is necessary.
- PRIZE DISCLAIMER: Health Stories Project shall not be responsible or liable to Participants for any losses, damages or costs incurred as a result of entering the Sweepstakes or use of a reward won in connection with these Sweepstakes. By participating in each Sweepstakes, each Participant agrees to release and hold harmless Health Stories Project; the employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives of Health Stories Project; Health Stories Project’s parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries; and Health Stories Project’s advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with any Sweepstakes or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any reward, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.